A forwarded "warning" on an e-group recently included the following burst of indignation:
"... I will also add that my own sons were playing in the ball pit at Chuckee Cheese one day. One son lost his watch, and was very upset. We dug and dug in those balls, trying to find the watch. Instead, we found vomit, food, feces, and other stuff I do not want to discuss. ..."
So what "other stuff" would you not want to discuss? Body parts?
(Everyone who has email should be required to read and refer to Snopes.com before learning to use the "Foward" button.)
-- SJ
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I completely agree!
Well! I have just finished reading more than 2 years' worth of Jones family blogging! I first visited when Daphne was born, and then I read a few entries previous, and then I just went all the way back to 2004 and started there at the beginning of it all. Each day when the twins were napping, I'd be lurking around Keeping Up.
What a great blog! I love it! It's eclectic, interesting, well-written. Also, now I want to be Sara's best friend, and we can talk about baby names all day long. (The Baby Name Wizard is my favorite baby name book; I see you've found that one, too. Have you found her blog?)
Really, you guys: great, great stuff. I hope it won't be freaky to have me hanging around like a stalker, waiting for your every new word.
A: It's always gratifying when people like my children's names, so thanks. :) And seeing as your child's name is classic Jackson instead of, say, Easton or Memphis, I'm even more complimented. Daphne is, in general, sweet and placid, which is pretty much what you want in a newborn.
Kristen: Well, my day is all full of warm fuzzies now! I'm honored you like the blog so much. And I'm all for pledging best-friend-ship if it involves discussing baby names. (I can see the secret spy organization briefing its agents: "Okay, you've got to get close to her, so what you do is strike up a conversation about names.") I do indeed visit the Wizard blog. How thrilling to find someone else who's heard of it!
One of the unexpected perks of marriage, I've discovered, is that I inherited all of Darren's friends and acquaintances. By all means, lurk!
-- SJ
(You have twins? Wow. The Respect Meter just shot up a few points.)
Re twins: Just THINK of the joys and challenges of NAMING! I spent more time with my heap of baby name books than I did with both of the first two kids combined. Boy list, girl list, and THREE lists of combinations: boy-boy, girl-girl, and boy-girl.
I also like _Beyond Jennifer & Jason_, though now of course it's out of date (and I didn't think _Beyond Madison & Montana_ was as good). And I like _The Very Best Baby Name Book in the Whole Wide World_ for its sheer volume of names. Do you have other favorites?
P.S. I didn't want to leave my email address, because of what I imagine must be a constantly-patrolling spambot force, but if you ever want the address--like, for example, for a tip on a hot new baby name book--you can find it by clicking my name to get to my website, and then clicking "Contact" to get my email. Um, or maybe this is obvious. I'm relatively new to blogging/commenting.
It's not obvious to *me.* I was going to send a note to Darren's mom and have her send it to your mom who could send it to you. This is the sort of scheme that drives techies crazy.
-- SJ
Post a Comment