* Last night I scrapbooked with several friends; we've been a group for over a year now. I announced that I am pregnant, and they all squealed, "Oh! We're having a baby!" Three of them are on Weight Watchers and have slimmed down beautifully the past few months, and none of them even offered to share the weight gain with me.
* Addie has turned into a little ministering spirit. Anyone who knew Addie as a toddler would be as surprised as we are. Last week some plans fell through, and it seemed very important to me. So I cried. Addie sat with me on the couch, wiped my eyes with her sleeve, brought me a cup of water, and told me I was a sweet Mama and that it wasn't my fault.
* At Bible study yesterday, I set myself a new life goal. It's inspired by a woman who got up in front of everyone to recite a devotional poem she'd composed. She was sparkly, vibrant, good voice, quick wit... and 93 years old. That's what I want to be when I grow up.
* This morning Stuart was playing with a stick horse that, when you push a button on the ear, makes galloping noises. He couldn't remember where the button was, and was feeling all over its head and neck. "Try the ear," I suggested. When I turned around again, he was dutifully pressing his ear against the horse's head and neck, still unsuccessful.
* S: "Did we remember that we needed to get more olive oil?"
D: "No, and I didn't check before I made the list. It's my fault."
S: "Yes, I know, but I worded it like that to make it sound nicer."
-- SJ
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Perhaps a hybrid of the Randomizer and Elsie Dinsmore would make a good children's book heroine...
-an amused godmother :-)
The thought leaves me tired and a little disoriented.
-- SJ
Sorry I won't take any of your weight, Sara...I am jealous, though. I miss the months of being able to eat whatever I want and not thinking a thing about it!
It's been almost a week since you last posted. This is unacceptable.
My apologies, Kevin. After all, you're such an inspiration, the way your WIFE posts so regularly.
-- SJ
Well, you know, she does such a good job of it ... why interfere with a beautiful thing?
Post a Comment