Friday, January 20, 2006

In Appreciation of Blogs

Thanks to all of you who keep your blogs going. Despite the thousands of miles that separate us, we can still get together and talk, exchange ideas, discuss, debate, and say clever things. The interaction online is so real that when I do get to see any of you in person, we hardly have any catching up to do.

As soon as I get up in the mornings and ooze out to the living room (Children: "Look! Mama's awake! And she dressed herself!"), I log on for my morning conversations. Throughout the day, when I'm feeling listless or lonely, I'll return to see if anybody's added anything or commented anything. When Darren gets home, we talk about the blogs we read. Even if I don't comment on your post, you can be fairly sure I think about it during the day. Your posts help bolster my faith, confirm my opinions (for or against what you've said), or simply cheer me up.

Whether you're an old friend I'm glad to keep in touch with, or a new friend I've made through the blogosphere, thanks for keeping it going.

-- SJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is better than any acceptance speach that someone might give at the Golden Blog Award ceremony. :) Thanks for thanking the rest of us. We appreciate your blog too!

Booker said...

Amen to that! Always fun to read about others "exploits". :-)

Amy K said...

I agree! Personally, I'm glad YOU guys are part of the blogging world. I really love keeping up with you, reading your insights, the cute conversations with the kids, etc., etc. So, thank YOU for keeping it going, too.