But some particular grandparents like pictures of this particular set of children, so we're posting them anyway.
For the first time in eight Christmases, Addie asked for a doll.
Daphne was all about Christmas this year.
Phillip, playing with a ball from his Northern cousins, was just all about cute.
Here is My Son, immediately playing his new Nintendo DS game.
Here is Darren's Daughter, reading the rule book first.
Here is Darren's Daughter, reading the rule book first.
The Stockings: Before
The Stockings: After
My favorite gift from Darren was a handmade journal composed of salvaged paper (notebook, graph, legal, blank) and pages from an old book.
Our favorite gift to ourselves was Settlers of Catan and Seafarers of Catan. If you need to get in touch with us and can't reach us, it's because Darren, Stuart, and I are at the dining room table, building settlements and establishing trade routes. (Rocks not included in original set. We use them to weight the board down. Pink Silly Putty sold separately, too.)
Today I told Stuart that, yes, my favorite part of Christmas used to be presents. Now it's the joy and celebration of the Incarnation of a God of love and mercy. But still, the presents aren't so bad.
Merry Christmas!
-- SJ
9 comments:
Grandparents do love pictures, especially of really cute kids. Thank you for getting photos out, and for another funny blog. Stevia?
Is honey now politically incorrect>
Before and after pictures...priceless! No, your present opening shots are unique. :) We gave up on the photos after the first two big prezzies.
I love the before-and-after stockings shots, and also the whole part about how the pictures always look like all the other pictures of kids opening presents, because that's how mine always come out too---although I also manage to capture the false idea that the children didn't like their presents.
That journal is WONDERFUL.
It's not just grandparents that love pictures. The pics are adorable. But, as usual, I have to give props to you Sara, for the humorous captions that accompany the pictures.
Mission accomplished of keeping grandparents happy--North & South. Loved the captions, the faces, the gifts.
As far as the universal pix of kids everywhere opening presents, thankfully to their families they are each Lake Wobegon children
"who are all above average!"
Nana
Love the "my son/his daughter" pic - great shots and captions. It sounds as though you had a very loving Christmas, which is the best kind of all.
Enjoy your relaxed week (I hope?). Merry Christmas and God bless,
Leah =)
These are some sweet pics!
<3 how Addie went to the rules while Stuart went straight for the game. Daph & Phillip are too cute!
Maybe I'll do it for you!
--AMJ
The hand-made book, I mean.
--AMJ
Post a Comment