I like the name Eve as a first name. But for such a small, soft name, it's a headache to pair with a middle name. I've been culling through name books, consulting with fellow Name Enthusiasts, and discussing possibilities with my obliging husband. This is the sort of thing I do for fun. Some people follow sports, some people cross-stitch. I play with names.
Here are some of the pairings I like:
Eve Gabrielle
Eve Mariella
Eve Linnea
Here are some I've eliminated:
Eve Genevieve
Eve Noelle
Eve Minerva (No, Kristen. I tried. Nope. [Hand raised] Doesn't work. Nope.)
I like Eve Geneva, as well. Like, as a character in a children's book: "Deacon Darren and Eve Geneva Go To Church."
-- SJ
Your question is, Is there a Reason for this post? My answer is, You've been reading my blog for how long and you still ask that?
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ha, ha! I started reading your post and already my fingers twitched to comment: 'And you're writing this post now to prepare us for...?'
And then I read your P.S., and I'm still trying to figure out which way it works out.
So, should I be saying Congratulations, or Ha ha, very funny, you had me going?
It's really no fair. If I posted about football now and then, people wouldn't assume that I'm off to join the NFL. But post about names, and immediately there are Assumptions about my condition.
I like the name Eve. Currently there is no one on which to bestow the name, not even nine months from now.
-- SJ
I wanted to say that I love playing with names too and my favorites are:
Anna Katherine
Annabella Grace
Olivia (Libby) Ann
Isabella (Bella) Kate
Ella Rose
Sarah Eloise
Rosa Evelyn
I sometimes switch these around when I'm bored, but always decide that these are the best combinations. I wish I had some good boy names, but I find that girl names are much more fun to play with that boy ones. I hope to be able to use most of the ones above one day, a long time from now. =)
-Katie~did
Katie,
Very nice names, and good to know the Name Fixation has filtered down to the next generation of the family. I'm curious -- what are some more unusual or uncommon names you like? I ask because when my generation was your age, we thought Sophia and Noah were so cool and nobody would ever think of using THOSE. Ha, ha.
Boy names are a lot less fun, I agree. Maybe because you can get away with so much more for girl names.
I talked to a 15-year-old boy yesterday who wants to use Genesis and Exodus for boys (this is not a trend I encourage) and Terra for a girl.
-- (Aunt) SJ
That definitely is the trouble with a baby name hobby. You and I talk about names CONSTANTLY. I'm sure everyone at the coffee shop thought we were BOTH expecting.
I tested Eve Minerva on the Christmas-visiting fam, and they were thumbs-down too. They said it sounds like a plant, or a disease. Eveminerva. Okay, fine, I officially give up on that one.
I will put my full force behind Eve Linnea, which is my favorite (I like it even better than Eve Minerva!).
Boy names are indeed almost no fun at all. I did have fun talking about boy names with you, but boy names are more "the struggle against great odds" than "the exploring of infinite possibility."
Ok, I have to write it... it is really bad, but it has to be said. Last year I had a student named Ladawn. How about...
Eve LaDawn????
(Yes, I realize this is bad!!!)
Post a Comment