Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Randomizer

We don't always know what Addie is talking about.

Her mind makes strange connections, and she in turn makes strange statements. When we ask to her clarify herself, she just repeats what she already said. It sounds very Oracle-like: "It is too close to drive there!" "What is too close to drive there?" "It is too close to drive there!" You can almost hear a resonant, disembodied voice adding, "I have spoken. You must seek the answer for yourself." We call her The Randomizer.

Today she was playing in Black Boar (thanks again, Derrick), and crawled out announcing, "The circus is here!"

Darren asked, "Are you a clown?"
"No."
"Are you an elephant?"
"No."
"Are you a trapeze artist?"
"No."
"Then what are you?"

She threw her hands wide. "I'm the King of Israel!"

The Randomizer has spoken. Seek the answer for yourself.

4 comments:

Booker said...

You're welcome :)

I must say, those were certianly random things. Any clues what connected the circus to the king of israel? lol...

the Joneses said...

I have no idea. Maybe it was because D & I were reading Bible quiz questions to each other earlier in the day, and she heard one about a King of Israel. But I have no idea where she comes up with most of her conversation. Just yesterday she told a woman in a restaurant that her name was "Adelaide Marie Happily Ever After Bug Jones."

-- SJ

Danielle said...

That's just hilarious!

Amy K said...

Very cute - I can't wait to see Addie again sometime soon, hopefully!