Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Prayers for Felicity

My sister Rosemary is pregnant with her second child, a girl they're calling Felicity Marie. Recent ultrasounds found something wrong with Felicity's lungs: it isn't a tumor or cyst, but actual lung tissue that seems to be growing beyond what it should. Along with affecting the lungs, the growth puts a strain on the baby's heart. Rose isn't sure what the prognosis is. Right now they just want to see that mass shrink. Please pray for little Felicity, for Rose and Matt, and the doctors.

This news came in the same week that I, bizarrely enough, suffered a miscarriage without knowing I was pregnant in the first place. I'm recovering just fine. In fact, except for one truly miserable night and morning, I hardly feel as if anything happened, which makes it all a bit surreal. And I look back on the experience feeling encouraged: first of all, that I was able to bear it with just God for company, as Darren was gone that night; and secondly, that I at least did get pregnant, a possibility that's been in doubt for two and a half years now.

I'll post updates about Felicity as I hear them. Rose is amazing -- she's distressed by the news, but she never wastes extra energy on fretting, just keeps going cheerfully with nineteen-month-old Camie. She (and all the family) appreciates your prayers.

-- SJ

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Thank you, Sara, for sharing your "testimony" of how the Lord sustained you through a difficult time. I'll be praying for you and Rose, and that the Lord will continue to sustain. Also that little Felicity's lungs will be okay.